To apply for this role, click here.
Financial Advice Analyst
If making a meaningful, positive difference to the lives of others is important to you, this could be the role you are looking for.
Financial Rescue is a boutique business based in the Brisbane CBD. Founded in 2009 Financial Rescue has built expertise in financial products, compliance, dispute resolution and claims management. Our mission is to help clients recover investment losses caused by bad financial advice.
This exciting opportunity to join our team as an Advice Analyst will see you play a key role in ensuring consumers are treated fairly in financial advice disputes by demonstrating your analytical and financial skills.
In this role you will report to the Managing Director, and will liaise with clients, licensees and External Dispute Resolution Schemes. You will represent consumers and be responsible for claims management and report preparation.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Prepare and deliver a comprehensive reports
- Evaluate potential claims and decide if there is a reasonable basis to proceed
- Calculate financial loss
- Assist Managing Director with conducting client appointments and conciliation
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Strong numerical skills
- Ability to handle, simplify and explain complex problems
- Ideally you will be degree qualified
- Understanding of the requirements to give financial advice and the remedies available where inappropriate advice has been given
- Experience in the financial planning industry
- Basic understanding of legal principles
- Strong communication and organisational skills coupled with strong attention to detail
- High level resourcefulness and initiative
- Results Driven
- An interest in developing knowledge in financial planning
- Positive attitude and a approachable personality
- Strong desire to help people
- Strong ethical values
This role is challenging and you must be prepared to roll your sleeves up and make things happen. To be successful in the role you will be passionate and take pride in the quality of the work you produce and appreciate the opportunity to focus on results. At Financial Rescue we are often the last resort for our clients and our "pay for success" model means results are important. Our promise to clients is to make "a meaningful positive difference", and if you are appointed we would expect that same standard of you.
The role may suit law graduates looking for a challenge that uses many of their existing skills, it may also be suitable for others with suitable backgrounds or training.
Benefits of a career at Financial Rescue:
- Become part of a unique high performance business
- Competitive remuneration and reward
- Encourage and support ongoing professional development
- Equal opportunity employer
Please note that application letters and resumes must be submitted in PDF format. Resumes without an application letter will not be considered.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, you will be only contacted should you make it through to the next stage.