ASIC has banned Mr Andrew TambyRajah, a former employee of ANZ Financial Planning, from providing financial services for a period of five years.
Mr TambyRajah, of Sydney, New South Wales was a financial planner with ANZ Financial Planning at Hurstville between 19 January 2006 and 30 July 2014.
Mr TambyRajah was banned from providing financial services as ASIC found that he engaged in misleading and deceptive conduct by creating false documents and falsely amending documents contained on client files. The conduct included:
- writing clients' names and initials on documents in the places designated for their signatures and initials;
- changing the dates recorded on a number of documents; and
- creating false investor profile forms for two clients by photocopying forms they had signed in previous years and changing the dates on the copied documents.
Deputy Chairman, Peter Kell said, 'Financial advisers are important gatekeepers who must act honestly to increase broader public confidence in the financial services industry.
'This banning should serve as a deterrent to any financial adviser tempted to act dishonestly.'
Mr TambyRajah has the right to seek a review of ASIC’s decision to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
ASIC's work in the Wealth Management Project covers a number of areas including:
- Working with the largest financial advice firms to address the identification and remediation of non-compliant advice; and
- Seeking regulatory outcomes, when appropriate, against licensees and advisers.
As part of its Wealth Management Project, ASIC has banned the following advisers from the financial services industry, in addition to Mr TambyRajah:
- Anthony Bishop (16-409MR)
- James Edward McCarthy (16-398MR)
- Troy Andrew Rodney Williams (16-342MR)
- Michael Mahoney (16-323MR)
- Damian O'Rourke (16-318MR)
- Rommel Panganiban (16-309MR)
- Anthony Jason Sourris (16-270MR)
- Sarah Kate Gardner (16-269MR)
- Nicholas Kerr (16-260MR)
- Craig Scott Miller (16-239MR)
- Wayne Meadth (16-188MR)
- Hardik Bhimani (16-124MR)
- Gerard McCormack (16-059MR)
- Shane Thompson (16-022MR)
- Ben Rickman (16-006MR)
- Ben Cheung (16-004MR)
- Mark Tidbury (15-383MR)
- Amanda Ritchie (15-294MR)
- Stuart Murray Jamieson (15-288MR)
- Sharnie Kent (15-286MR)
- Alfie Chong (15-259MR)
- Martin Hodgetts (15-218MR)
- Shawn Hickman (15-213MR)
- Brett O'Malley (15-121MR)
- Brian Farber (15-178MR), and
- Rebecca Locksley (15-070MR).